Tuesday, June 1, 2010

First day on the job!



First day on the job at the horse research park!


Let me tell you, I AM SORE AND WILL BE MORE SORE TOMORROW!

Of course there's all the animal care (mucking out stalls, feeding, bringing the horsies outside and back in). But after that? THE HARD STUFF! Today I helped MAKE a fence. Yeah, that means I used a hammer and numerous nails. In a few days I will use a hammer with precision!
And I will certainly gain a lot of muscle....



After these blisters heal up of course. My pride and joy of the day are the blisters I got from using a hammer and shovel today :) This is useful stuff I'm learning! It's nice knowing I can be able to do hard work if I tried. And it's nice knowing that I these chores, which have completely drained me, will be easy in a couple weeks.

But I'm beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Moobaby | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates