Friday, September 11, 2009

ATTACK OF THE FRUIT FLIES!!!!



FRUIT FLY INVASION!!!!! AAHHHHHHH!!!!!


There was a forgotten apple in the trash can... luckily I found where the flies were coming from. But it was too late. The flies already multiplied and were working on their like, 8th generation by the time I FOUND THEM! *shudder*

I hate fruit flies.

I got most of them with a combination of traps, like the one below.

And with some good ol' Windex.
I killed waaaaay more than 100 on Tuesday morning. I bet you're wondering how I know I killed 100+. Well you know what? Fruit flies are the same size as lobster lavae when they were freshly hatched (but larvae are friggin TRANSPARENT!). I'm pretty good at counting larvae, so I'm pretty good at counting/estimating fruit flies! THAT'S RIGHT!

Okay, moving on.

Later on Tuesday, I set up an apple fruit fly trap. I caught about 60 in 2 hours. Then I set up a yogurt traps, I caught about 20.

There were still about 20 flying around. My roomie Yoola and I jumped around the room smashing them with our hands for about an hour at 11pm.

We got all but a few.

Wednesday morning I set up a banana trap. I caught 2.

I killed the rest as they buzzed by my desk.

Fruit fly free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

POOP FIGHT!
 

Moobaby | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates