Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Conventional dairy farm FIELD TRIP!!!

*Sorry for the bad picture quality. I forgot my camera so I took all the pictures from my iPhone.



ANIMAL SCIENCE FIELD TRIP TODAY!!! WHOOHOO!!!

VISITING A DAIRY FARM IN ITHACA!!! YAAAYYY!!!

CONVENTIONAL DAIRY FARMS!!! That's ok with me!

COWS!!! YAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!.... or so I thought....



This field trip made me realize what a dairy farm is like. It SMELLS. BAD. Cows are cute... make lotsa milk... but they SMELL and are DIRTY.

But hey, that's okay.



These girls were kept very comfortable. They eat as much as they want and get lots of nutrients, and they produce 10 gallons of milk each day. That's a lot of milk.


We saw the calves too! Because, of course, cows must be pregnant/just given birth in order for them to have milk.



This farm had 1000+ cows.



It will take me a while to get used to the smell of cow poops.



And the hay and dust gave me allergies.



I'd be a terrible farmer.
Moooo!




1 Day old babycowbabies!

I can still smell the wonderful smell of manure... even after I washed all my clothes and showered ~_~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

POOP FIGHT!
 

Moobaby | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates