Wednesday, January 20, 2010

DEER EVERYWHERE! And a winter break update




Okay, I don't know WHY there are deer everywhere now, but there are!



Deer are always everywhere, but I've seen them much more often nowadays. Pretty close too, like behind the dorms as seen here!
Don't worry, the deer are harmless. But I always wonder where I'll hide if I get chased by one ;)

So guys, this is the kind of hilliness we have on/around campus and Ithaca. Downtown Ithaca is way down in the valley, you can sort of see it.... sort of.

So, yeah. Maybe they are out and about more because they sense that Ithaca is busy! Everybody is returning and there is TRAFFIC! AND PEOPLE! It's soooo busy.

Random animal: A hawk! Looks like a red tail, but then again the picture was taken from far away.

So, how is Cornell during the last week of winter break? Surprisingly busy, for all those who thought I'd be on a deserted campus.



It was Rush Week, where all the students who want to join sororities and frats come back and start joining their houses. Dining halls were open because of this, so nobody starved. Cafes were open too, which is where I normally eat anyway.

What an awesome "fortune"!

Look! A snowflake!!!!!


On an even better note, I have a new roomie!!!
She's a wonderful girl from China. We are getting along superbly and we are really clicking. And I'm just saying that because my roomie last semester was.... quite the opposite and antisocial.
Anyways, the roomie and I speak in chinese. A plus!
My friends and I are currently helping her unpack and utilize the bus routes. Imagine being alone in Ithaca, so far from home?

Alright, classes start tomorrow! We are all mentally prepared to go back. Winter break was very good, and I'm confident that this semester will go by much better now that I know what my mistakes were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

POOP FIGHT!
 

Moobaby | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates