Sunday, January 24, 2010

Feature adventure of winter break

We went to the Museum of the Earth! A museum of paleontology! My kind of place, huh?

I got together with some science buddies to learn a few things! This museum takes you through Earth's timeline, and has little videos and fossils of flora and fauna from each era. Very awesome stuff! And spectacular fossils in AWESOME condition!

Here I am outside, posing with a dino. I think he liked me :)



Mammoth! With mastodon vs mammoth figurines in front of it.


This bird was FRIGGIN HUGE! It's beak was the size of my head!
I wonder how many omelettes you can make with one of it's eggs.....?

An ammonite. That is really big. They were similar to the modern day nautilus.

It's eyes were tiny but T Rex had really great olfactory senses. And really big.... teeth.
Decorative amber.
A moth trapped in amber! I think it was 420 million years old. Or 4.2 million years old. Either way, it was extremely old. You're looking at a moth from MILLIONS OF YEARS AGO! Isn't that INCREDIBLE!? I liked this museum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

POOP FIGHT!
 

Moobaby | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates