Sunday, January 24, 2010

The milonga of the month

This month's milonga was special, in a big venue with lots of food! Everybody dressed up extra nicely :)

Here's a video I took of some folks dancing. No really eye catching moves here because the song is mellow (but beautiful nonetheless).



I got to wear a new black dress and my new tango shoes.

The shoes were worth the money, let me tell you that. They performed very well and helped me execute steps with better posture and balance. Very good!

There was a live band, called the Spring Trio. They were AWESOME! Especially the accordion/violin dude. He was also a very advanced dancer and I had the luck to dance a tanda with him. Too bad I didnt follow him well :(

Anyways, they played some classic tangos that everyone knows, and the waltz from the movie Amelie (my favorite tango waltz so far), and other really great songs. They were a delight to dance to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

POOP FIGHT!
 

Moobaby | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates